The deep roots of ancient history revealed the use of cannabis for multi-purposes and had a long history in different corners of the globe. Cannabis can be defined as the extracts from a group of three plants having psychoactive elements, namely Cannabis Ruderalis, Cannabis indica, and Cannabis sativa. Mainly, the flowers of these plants are dried up and crushed to get the most common substance, cannabis. It is popular with other names also, such as weed, pod, and grass.
Cannabis is consumed majorly for getting relaxation and calming high effects. Also, in a few parts of the United States, this is widely used to help with various medical conditions, including poor appetite, chronic pain, and glaucoma, where the use is legalized under specific laws. Many online e-commerce sites have recently developed for cannabis delivery to the home doorstep within a specific time range.
Timeline of Cannabis History
From the ancient empires of China, Rome & Egypt, cultivation of cannabis started during that old time. Precisely, in around 4000-2700 BC, cannabis was cultivated as a food crop and among one of the five grains of China. It was used for medicine first time in 2037 BC under the Chinese emperor Shen Nung to treat 100 ailments and utilized for other medical purposes, also used for textile, rope, and oil.
- Moving towards the 1200-800 BC era of Buddhism, cannabis is known as one of India's five sacred plants according to the Hindu community's religious beliefs. Also, the ancient text of Atharva Veda mentioned the use of these sacred plants as a source of happiness and liberator. In fact, these leaves are used for some holy & religious rituals of their famous god Lord Shiva.
- In the era between 500 BC to 1000 AD, a large group of Iranian nomads from Central Asia referred to as 'Scythians,' began inhalation of cannabis smoke by using small pipes. Also, the middle east part of Asia witnessed a wide use of hashish or hay, a dry herb.
- From the mid-1800s, cannabis extracts were put to use for a few medical purposes and sold in pharmacies at doctor's clinics across Europe and the United States to treat stomach problems & ailments. During the Civil war, these plants were used for remedial treatments and ropes & textiles.
- During the early 1900s, in 1906, the United States Food and Drug Administration was established to regulate the use of cannabis products and other psychoactive materials. Also, In 1910, the Mexican Revolution witnessed an increase in the consumption of cannabis for recreational usage, while the Great Depression phase was trapped across several parts of the USA. Cannabis gets a popular name as the Evil Weed.
- Middle of the 1900s, The Marihuana Tax Act was one of the first federal US laws in 1937 under which penalties and taxes were imposed on the possession of cannabis & transfer of such materials illegally throughout the United States.
- In the late 1900s, California became the first state among 51 different countries to legalize medical cannabis under 'The Compassionate Use Act'; it is expected that soon 29 more states will follow the same step as California. Finally, in 2012 Colorado and Washington made cannabis use legal and also for recreational sale for state-wide adults.
- Lastly, in the 21st century, cannabis gets global acceptance from major countries; at least 51 countries & 38 states legalized cannabis; few of them made it partly, and others followed it wholly. Adding to the list, Canada became the second nation to make cannabis legal for adults.
After the legalization of cannabis sales, 37 US states have shown a green flag to the marketing of cannabis that is approved by doctor recommendation and tested to qualify for the use of ailments under jurisdictions. The legal age of consumption is 21 years & above to possess it for recreational purposes with few restrictions, and public consumption is prohibited. The liberalization increased the number of licensed dispensaries for the sale of cannabis products, including smokable dried flower, leaves, buds of the cannabis plant, edibles such as gummies & chocolates, pipes, joints, blunts, and cartridges filled with cannabis extracts, and oil for vaping.
What Does Cannabis Contain?
As mentioned earlier, the cannabis name was given to all products derived from the Cannabis Sativa plant. It mainly contains 540 chemical substances, a few of which contain certain psychoactive compounds. People use the part of the cannabis plant that offers an adequate amount of cannabinoids, including THC, Tetrahydrocannabinol, and Cannabidiol or CBD. Under US law, these plants consider industrial hemp during production.
THC is present in cannabis, a feel-good brain chemical, and impacts the brain ( the central nervous system) of the body. THC triggers the brain cells to release dopamine which makes them feel high. Dopamine is a chemical majorly associated with feeling good, mood, and pleasurable thinking.
Cannabis had witnessed a roller coaster ride before getting a legal license and green flag from most countries. There is still much research and experiments lined up in laboratories to find new properties of cannabis that may support medical science.
Bento Delivery is a popular choice for online cannabis delivery across California. If someone searches for cannabis delivery near me, the results will include Bento Delivery. It brings easy access to cannabis products and accessories by placing an order online using the Bento Delivery website.